Fire cider is an old folk remedy for the cold and flu that starts with raw organic apple cider vinegar. It’s sour, hot, tart and sweet. It’s been used to stave off colds and flu and help alleviate symptoms when you come down with them. Take a tablespoon a day to help ward off the nasties or more to reduce symptoms when you’re ill.
Our fire cider is a little more unique than the average recipes. We steep it a minimum of 5 weeks and we also finely grate all ingredients rather than chop which allows us to draw out all the things good for you. We also add 3-4 times the amount of raw garlic but also add the uniqueness of adding our own black garlic. Black garlic adds a sweetness and earthiness to the cider plus gives 10-100 times the potency of certain anti-oxidants versus regular garlic. We also add echinacea to fight the nasties plus to boot, we also add elderberry syrup for more immune enhancing qualities.
They say, a tablespoon a day keeps the nasties away. Take it straight or add it to your favorite juices, salad dressing or to your favorite cocktail. Mine is a BGFCBM…..Black Garlic Fire Cider Bloody Mary
Now available in a 16 oz size
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar— has so many benefits but my personal favorite is that it’s a digestive aid.
- Horseradish — helps alleviate sinus congestion and headaches. Even chopping or grating horseradish has this effect. If you try this recipe, you’ll see!
- Ginger— helps with digestion, infections and nausea.
- Garlic— a secret superpower with antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- Onion— has similar properties to garlic but is also great for preventing (or recovering from!) colds and the flu.
- Cayenne Pepper— helps move blood through your cardiovascular system. Blood circulation = healing.
- Honey— soothes inflamed tissues and organs. Using local honey can also help with allergies.
- Black Garlic similar to raw garlic but 10-100 times the antioxidants
- Habanero Peppers- Habanero has anti-inflammatory effect
- Cinnamon – helps with sugar levels and helps lower blood glucose
- Orange – High in Vitamin C. Alkalizes the body
- Lemon- High in Vitamin C. Helps digestion
- Star Anise. Helps Digestion, treats cough and can be used as an expectorant
- Turmeric- anti-inflammatory effects
- Echinacea- boosts the immune system, fights infection
- Elderberry Syrup- Reduces inflammation. May treat respiratory infections and reduce flu and cold symptoms/duration