Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
2 tablespoons kosher salt
16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
6 cloves garlic, crushed
6 ounces grated Parmesan
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. 2. Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
4. Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash and add garlic cream mixture along with the Parmesan. Stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes then serve