2-4 lb rib eye roast
6-8 cloves of garlic
Cracked fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Remove roast from refrigerator at least 1 hour before cooking to reach room temperature.
- Trim all the fat off the meat. I sometimes save the fat and render it down and use the dripping to make Yorkshire puddings
- Using a sharp knife, pierce meat about 1/2 inch in and add a sliver of garlic in each hole, pushing all the way in.
- Lightly coat the meat with olive oil and season generously with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place the thermometer all the way into the center of the meat.
- When the oven reaches 350°, place the roast in a roasting pan and put in the oven Roast until the thermometer reads 130° for rare, 140° for medium rare, 150° for medium, and 155-160° for well done.
Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest 10-20 minutes before you cut it so that the juices are distributed evenly. The temperature of the meat may rise another 5 degrees as you let it set