- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Cook the spinach following the directions on the package. Drain and squeeze all the liquid from the spinach when it's done.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and stir until smooth. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Sire often so that sauce does not burn.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper, cayenne. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring often. Serve hot.