- 4 Boneless chicken breasts (Best to have skins on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 tablespoons River Lea Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 8 oz your favorite melting cheese like Fontina or Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and drizzle with oil.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Stuff each cavity with 2 tablespoons of pesto and 2 oz of cheese and close the cavity with a toothpick
- Take skin and wrap around the breast. This is to help keep the cheese inside the chicken
- Add the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.