Recipe from the Toronto Garlic festival:
These yummy treats are perfect after dinner nibbles
You will need:
10 garlic cloves
½ cup of maple syrup
¾ cup of brown sugar
¾ cup of granulated sugar
1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla essence
2 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
2 ¼ cups of chocolate chips (dark or white)
- Tenderize the garlic cloves in boiling water for 5 minutes. Peel and chop the cloves and add to maple syrup. Leave them to soak for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda then add to the cream mixture.
- Slowly add the chocolate chips to this combined mixture.
- Strain the syrup and add the chopped cloves to the batter.
- Pour the batter onto ungreased baking paper on a baking tray about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and place the cookies onto a rack to cool.