Yields 12 servings.
1 ¾ cups finely crushed graham crackers
½ cup melted butter
20 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
3 cloves roasted elephant garlic
1 TBS vanilla extract
1 TBS all-purpose flour
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp heavy whipping cream
dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 1 egg together. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 3 eggs and cream cheese. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Blend in sugar, flour, vanilla, heavy whipping cream, salt and lemon zest to cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, puree the roasted garlic. Add the garlic to the cream cheese mixture being careful to remove any large or inedible chunks. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust.
- Bake in 500 degree oven for approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 200 degrees F and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.