There’s not a better appetizer than a warm gooey brie and adding garlic makes it so much better.
Prep: 35 min. + cooling
Bake: 45 min.
1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves).
2. Cut top off bulb. Brush with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with rosemary. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
3. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out enough of the bottom of the bread so cheese will fit. Cube removed bread; set aside. Place cheese in bread.
4. Cool garlic 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Squeeze softened garlic into a bowl and mash with a fork; spread over cheese. Replace bread top; brush outside of bread with remaining oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette, You can eat the bowl too!
Yield: 8 servings.